Welcome to SAKF
It is an affiliate of the Africa Kabaddi Union (AKU). As the national governing body for the sport of kabaddi in South Africa, SAKF administers all aspects of South African men and women’s kabaddi, both in the semi - professional and amateur spheres.
SAKF’s intention and purpose is to deploy its capital and income, from whatever sources, solely towards the promotion of its objectives and the advancement of kabaddi in South Africa. This contributes towards the sustainability and growth of kabaddi.
OUR BUSINESS ACTIVITIES
• Custodianship, promotion and administration of kabaddi in South Africa.
• Control all South African representative teams playing inside or outside of South Africa.
• Arrange tours of overseas kabaddi teams to South Africa.
• Arrange and participate in international kabaddi matches and tours both within South Africa and overseas.
• Promote, organise, control and administer all aspects of kabaddi in South Africa.
• Co-ordinate and facilitate the development of kabaddi in South Africa.
• Make, adopt, vary and publish rules, regulations and conditions for the management of kabaddi.
• Encourage and promote kabaddi as an activity which supports the health and safety of all participants.
• Promote the spirit of the game and manages its governance and administration.
• Maintain membership of the AKU and relevant regional associations.
SAKF HAS BEEN GUIDED BY A CORE SET OF PRINCIPLES IN EVERYTHING WE DO AS THE COUNTRY’S KABADDI GOVERNING BODY.
•Developing South Africa's game culture and preserving its unique spirit in the context of a democratic state.
•Using a fair, inclusive, and non-discriminatory approach for all of our activities.
•Recognising that diversity is a strength of South Africa.
•Setting a high standard for memorable, well attended events.
•Providing Members and stakeholders with excellent service.
•On behalf of its Members, optimise commercial rights and property.
•Ensure diligence, honesty, and transparency in all activities based on the King Code of Corporate Governance.
•Promote cricket from a mini-kabaddi level to the national level.
SOUTH AFRICA KABADDI FEDERATION (SAKF) STRIVES TO MAKE KABADDI A NATIONAL SPORT OF WINNERS.
SAKF ASPIRES TO LIVE BY THESE VALUES:
• In keeping with our ethical code, we value honesty and integrity and interact with the world ethically.
• As professionals and diligent workers, we strive to provide a quality service representing the highest degree of excellence in our field.
• Respect for each other begins with recognizing individuals’ dignity and rights and treating them fairly.
The plan has two components:
• To ensure that kabaddi is supported by the majority of South Africans and is accessible to all.
• Approach all aspects of the game with excellence.